Higher conversion rates drive a more robust revenue stream, and crowdsourcing your website’s landing pages helps you minimize the poor user experiences that hurt your conversion rate.
If you’re like most companies, your current landing pages likely focus on driving website traffic. Yet, the average conversion rate for landing pages is about 2 percent, according to Bryan Eisenbery, board member on the Search Engine Strategies Board. With that in mind, how useful is the traffic your landing pages attract if you’re not converting it into sales?
Crowdsourcing the content placed on landing pages and an evaluation of the overall appeal to consumers helps eliminate poor consumer experiences that contribute to lost conversions and, ultimately, a thinner stream of revenue.
Crowdsourcing landing page evaluation
The first thing crowdsourcing can provide to improve conversion rates is an evaluation of your existing landing pages. Our crowd workers perform an evaluation of your landing page from a consumer perspective based on the following criteria:
- Relevancy—Is the content on your landings pages reflective of the needs of your target audience, as defined by you, engaging and effective in influencing consumers?
- Prominence—Is the location of your calls to action easy to access and prominent?
- Proximity—Is the flow of your pages conducive to quick access?
- Location—Is the location of elements effective in catching consumer attention and turning it into action?
- Quality—Is the content well written and informative and are images of high quality?
Crowdsourcing landing page content
The content of your landing pages is the most important component to increasing conversation rates. The top four pieces of content that have influence are the following:
- Your headline: This is the first thing site visitors read. It is your first and biggest opportunity to influence consumers to stay on your page and make a purchase.
- Your offer: This is the call to action you use to entice customers. It is the second aspect of your landing page that influences conversion rates.
- Your lead: This is the first paragraph of content and your third opportunity to affect conversion rates.
- Your benefit bullets (if applicable): This is your fourth opportunity to influence consumers with your content with the major benefits of your product or service highlighted.
How does crowdsourcing help? Our crowd workers transform your content, making it both SEO friendly and beneficial to your conversion rate.
- Workers create headlines that clearly identify the biggest benefit of a product or service and tell consumers exactly what to expect on your page.
- Workers create effective calls to action to prompt consumers to make a purchase, sign up or opt in, depending on what you want consumers to do.
- Workers create copy with a strong lead that highlights benefits to capture and retain consumers’ attention to keep them reading.
- Workers create a list of benefit bullets according to a hierarchy of value with the strongest benefit first and the weakest benefit last.
Having the crowd work to optimize your landing pages through evaluation, copywriting or both allows you to generate more results from website traffic, such as more leads, more opt-ins and more purchases. To take advantage of higher conversion rates fueled by optimized landing pages, contact a member of our sales team to see how our crowd workforce can benefit you.